Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Joke Page


...current sillyness...all original material


Q: What do you call it when an Indian squaw takes her baby on a long journey?

A: Forty days of papoose.


"Psst!! Hey--I spilled the Aunt Jemima--hand me a Kleenex," he whispered syrup-tissue-sly.


Q: What did the multicultural cowboy say?
A: Why can't we all just get along, little dogie?


New slogan for government program discouraging dieting:

"A waist is a terrible thing to mind."


Another name for Scotch Broth: Clan Chowder (Chloe, age 17)


Let's assume Grace Kelly still lives. She's overworked, overwrought, and in need of a break, but finances are tight. Her friend, singer Faith Hill, has compassion on her, and lends her enough money for Ms. Kelly to take a trip, all by herself, to recoup. Hence, what we have is nothing more than:

Just a vacation by Grace, alone, through Faith (a loan).


Britney Spears' recent antics make me think that she has developed a worldview which borrows heavily from Martin Luther: "If you're going to sin, sin baldly."


Q: What's the difference between a Middle Eastern dish and a shoddy apartment building?

A: One is lentils and rice, the other is rentals and lice.


Q: What's the difference between a poker player and a farmer?

A: The poker player reads 'em and weeps; the farmer weeds 'em and reaps.



4 comments:

The Howard Family said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruby! And Happy birthday and I love your blog and I am pretty sure you owe me an e-mail. :D ttyl, darby

Anonymous said...

Dear Olivia,

Thank you very much! And I assure you I did have a happy one!!!!!

Dear Darby,
Ahem....sorry! I'll be sure to send you the email soon! I thought it was you who owed me one, though..... ;)

With All Good Cheer,

Ruby

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong... Anyhoo if you did send me one my little sis prob deleted it. So.. you do owe me one now. Ttyl, darby