Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thanksgiving: Dinner and After Dinner

Here are just a few pictures of our Thanksgiving Day feast. Before we ate, however, Daddy read us an article about the five kernels of corn. It was very interesting, and made us all truly grateful for all the food around the table.

























Somebody's happy about this meal....




















Everybody excepting Conrad and Daddy at the table.

















Duncan and Tirzah at the foot of the table—Duncan thoroughly enjoying his food, while Tirzah daintily picks at hers, eventually eating it all up. :-)



















The after-dinner-but-still-at-the-table-conversation.

























So sweet.




















....Olivia making her "big-eyes" face. :-)





















When all the little children went to bed, my aunt, who is a poet and author, helped me with a book I'm writing. This was a huge blessing to me, and it was a lot of fun to sit down and talk with her. :-) Thank you, Aunt Paula.


Well, that about rounds up the Thanksgiving posts.... I'm incredibly sorry that it took me so long to get around to finishing it, and I will try to be more diligent with posting in the future. :-)


Posted by Ruby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of those pictures are really funny! I like the one with Tirzah acting like such a polite young lady, and Duncan reminding me of Almonzo or somthing...
Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel,

Well, when Duncan does eat, he's serious about it, and when Tirzah is all dressed up like a lady, then she feels obligated to eat like one too. :-)

Love,
Ruby