Friday, October 12, 2007

A Trip to New York

Last Sunday saw Nana, Chloe, Tirzah and I off to Rochester, NY, to visit Nana's sister and brother-in-law. We had a delightful time, and during our stay visited the Strong Museum of Play. The pictures below may not be of the best sort, as we had to scan them on to the computer, but hey, you'll get an idea of what it was like. :)













They had a mini Wegman's, (the grocery store in Rochester) and Tirzah got to shop, scan her items, print a receipt, and everything. She enjoyed herself immensely. And I think Chloe enjoyed herself too. ;)












Rather bedraggled, but there we are: Tirzah, Ruby, (me) and Chloe.

























Must be Nana's hairspray....


We visited the butterfly house, which was quite interesting, and had several different kinds of butterflies, and millions of them!









































































Tarzanette.


















We had fun just talking, and reading, doing handwork, laughing, and drinking tea.



















Great Uncle and Great Nieces ;).


















Our dear hostess, Aunt Joan.

8 comments:

The Howard Family said...

Looks like you had a great time! What happened to your hair in the second picture?

Emma

Anonymous said...

Hey Rubes, Chlo, Tir,
Ha! Like my nicknames? I don't. Looks like you had a fun vacation! Ruby, I can't hardly recognize you with your hair cut! It looks lovely. Did you curl it? Those butterflies are beautiful. When we went for a walk a week ago, I got some pictures of a yellow butterfly on a purple flower...ahhhh...

Well, I look forward to seeing you all this Thursday or Friday. Jack's counting down the seconds...5...4...3...2...1 ah! Got to get off!!!

Rachel

The Serven Clan said...

What a fun time to spend with your family! When our Nana was up recently, we had a grand time taking her to the zoo. We have a butterfly house in St. Louis, but excepting Mom and Lydia, we have not gone.

---

I noticed that you kindly link to our family's blog (and have been one of sources for referrals!). We couldn't find you e-mail but thought that you read our blog . . . we recently had to set our blog to private; if you would like to be a reader, send us your e-mail through the contact form on Genevan Foundation. Lord willing we will go to back to public over the next month or so.

In Christ,
The Serven Clan

P. S. Feel free to delete this comment. : )

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Is Chloe going to Saicff? Darby

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma,

Nothing happened to it... it's just the way I put it up. You know, sometimes you have a bad hair day. I know it sounds silly, but I couldn't get my hair to work any other way than putting it up in that headband! Yes, we did have a wonderful time. :)


Dear Rachel,

No, I did not curl my hair. It's natural that way. :) Everyone here is looking forward to your visit as well, but I think taht Jack still has a number of seconds to count down! Oh, and Luther still thinks that your going to bring Asher up here with you—but he says he's not afraid of dogs anymore. :)


Dear Servens,

I think that it was the first time, for all of us girls, going into the butterfly house. It was really amazing to see all the different kinds, colors, sizes, patterns, etc. It reminds me of how great and wonderful our God is!


Dear Darby,

:) No, Chloe will not be at the SAIFF. She was, but then we decided not to send her down then. She's going to stay with some friends later in November, though, and I think Peter is really looking forward to seeing someone from our family!

God Bless,

Ruby (for all the girls)

The Howard Family said...

Dear Ruby,
Yeah, I know what you mean by having a bad hair day... I've been having a lot lately... The hair right around my hair... I mean face gets all frizzy... Your hair looks really pretty in head bands...

Emma...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Ben Suster

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma,

Thank you. :) When I was eleven or twelve, my hair was so frizzy. Thankfully, that's stopped. I've been putting it up in rollers more, because I'm at a loss as to what to do with it.... :)


Ben, (Suster... :))

Yes we did. :) We enjoyed seeing your family last week.

God Bless,
Ruby