Thursday, November 1, 2007

Reformation Celebration

It is tradition for our family to hold a party every year in honor of the Reformation. It is a wonderful alternative to Halloween since the date that Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses to the Wittenburg church door was October 31, 1517. As I said, this party is a tradition for our family. a couple of years ago, 55 people attended, and we thought that was alot. This year we were blessed with a crowd of 73...


























The honorable Host and Hostess: D'Artagnan and his lovely wife, Katharina von Bora



















Pre-event photos: L to R are, bonnie lasses Ruby and Rachel, and faire maidens Emma and Olivia


























Young maidens enjoying a new dish: Chili!















Some old costumes, some new......

























D'Artagnan impresses everyone with his knowledge of the effects of the Reformation















Trying out a new weapon of mass capture: the digital camera with flash
















Singing the Hymns "How Firm a Foundation", and "A Mighty Fortress is Our God"
























Harvest desserts and homemade pumpkin ice cream!!















Preparing to dance the "First of April"

How people can have a wonderful group together and not dance, I don't know. This group was sadly short of willing young men (WE MISS PETER!!!). But we still had some young ones, and some old-er ones. Getting ready for it was a challenge though as I (Chloe) do not have the vocal chords built for getting people's attention. Daddy was very helpful in this area.















Dancing the "Progressive Gordon"

I find this dance to be EXTREMELY popular. We had requests to dance it again even after the last round was NINE MINUTES LONG!!!!!




















Dancing an English Country style dance that Ruby and I choreographed but did not name. And yes I suppose it is possible to fall asleep dancing (notice Olivia).
















I had the joy of giving many different girls with many different hair types many different up-dos. Here is one of them (Megan Stonebraker). I love doing hair.
























Angela Willeke in one of her elements :)



















L to R: Megan Stonebraker, me, Angela Willeke, Olivia, Abigail Fedor, Ashlee Willeke


(Posted by Chloe)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! They were really fun to see. Thanks so much for inviting us. We had a ball.

Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

well, Ruby, i said i would come and leave a comment, so here it is!

ok, fine I really will leave a comment. Ruby, I just Love your blouse! Emma, your dress looks even better in the picture. and I jsut like everything about Olivia (howards). and for poor lil' Rachel Clake, all i can say is (cough!) BEautiful! (chough, cough)

Everyone looks like they were having a wonderful time.

~Jordan

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel,

Oh you are so welcome! And please come again next year!


Dear Jordan,

:)

That blouse was actually my grandmother's. When she was young, she wore it for a Mary Poppins play, or something like that, and one other thing that she acted in. It was actually convenient that we still had it, since I didn't really have anything to wear under the vest. :)

We did, as Rachel said, have a ball. :)

Ruby

The Howard Family said...

Oh, come on Jordan! You can spell better than that! (Not much though...) It's nice to know the history behind your clothing, Ruby. :) My costume didn't exist as of a month ago. :)

We did have a ball, didn't we?
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for inviting us!We had a wonderful time.

Ben Suster

Anonymous said...

ok fine, if i want to i can spell MUTCH butter than that, but only when i want to! :P

Rachel, you know I was completely joking! I do like your vest alot... (cough!)

Ruby thats quite an interesting story behind that simple peice of handywork. Thank You for sharing it.

~Jordan

Anonymous said...

Dear Olivia,

Well, I thought it was interesting! ;)



Ben, (Suster)

Thank you so much for coming! We were very happy that you could join us this year. Gabriel was excited to see you again.

Jordan,

:-).


~Ruby

Anonymous said...

Why do you (Jordan)always pick on me? Humph. I'm a good target, huh? Well, I don't think so.

Ruby,
I just love your blouse too. The bottoms of the sleeves, and the collar, were my favorite part. I hope with all my heart we can come next year.